I have a TADA moment ready, as I finished my sweater. I have to say that I once again learned the hard way that trying to be smart is never really a smart thing to do. Especially not concerning knitting patterns. I wanted te create a V neck, but it ended up looking like one big mess. So I frogged and knit as in pattern. Second caveat: after bind off, my son's head didn't fit through the opening! I had adjusted the pattern to his size, but didn't really keep in mind that the head of a 14 month-old child is still proportionally big compared to his body, and not so much anymore for 3 year-olds, where I adapted the pattern from. In the end I had to re-do the bind off and I used an elastic bind off knitting two stitches together and returning the knit stitch to the left needle every time. It worked great, and here is the end result:
My son fits in it, is happy with it and so am I!
On a down side: this sweater was knit bottom up, and I do prefer top down. My raglan stitches are nicer in a top down fashion rather than the other way around. Witness for this another sweater I did a while back, will show you one day!